Monday, October 7, 2013

Everything happens for a reason!

Hi everyone!

For those who read my blog, it seems so bare to not include a post this week to update on my life!

I fell playing basketball in April and have had pain down my right leg since then. At first I just thought it was a pulled muscle and would heal but after a few months of it not healing and only progressively getting worse, an MRI was taken to find I have a ruptured disc in my back! My mission president talked to me last Monday and said it was best for me to come home to Utah, have the surgery and recovery here, and then go back to what I love doing most-preaching the good news of the restored gospel!

Being home is strange-it's funny the little things you miss! For me, I am so use to checking to make sure that my name tag isn't upside down or backwards that when I  check and it's gone it gives me a mini heart attack every time! I also had to get use to responding to "Marissa" instead of "Sister Hedelius" but I'm getting the hang of it. :)

Sister Clark, who took my place in the Turnagain ward emailed me with a picture of S's baptism! It happened this last Saturday and I hear it was just incredible! She sure is an amazing girl and I know this step will be something she'll never forget and will bless her for the rest of her life!
From L-R: Sister Platero, S, Elder Stevenson, Sister Clark

I miss the work so much, but I'm grateful to know that everything happens for a reason! I can't wait to get back to doing what I love most and in the place I now consider my second home!

Thank you for all the prayers, thoughts, letters, and emails-I am sure blessed to have so many amazing people in my life!

Love,
Just Marissa (for now)

No comments:

Post a Comment