Monday, April 21, 2014

Just another day in paradise


Hi everyone! :)

Each day here seems more like spring, and the weather has been to die for! Very sunny and the snow is melting in the mountains so there are lots of little waterfalls down the mountain. It's been really clear so the snow capped mountains reflect on the water and we've seen lots of beautiful bald eagles, I'm just living the dream!

The work is continuing to march forward! We had a very Happy Easter and I hope you did so as well! A chocolate-free Easter also made for a memorable experience, but it was a sweet day regardless of the continuation of the sugar fast. One of the many sweet experiences came when a nonmember named J came to church yesterday! Justin is a student at the community college here and is friends with a several members here. He has come to church previously but due to traveling and work it's been a couple months since he's been able to make it. He is so great though and seems pretty golden to me! He mentioned how he's always tried to stand up for what's right even when it's not popular, and how grateful he was to make it to church this week! We have an appointment to meet with him Thursday and I'm really looking forward to talking more with him!

The rest of our Easter consisted of normal missionary work, but we did have a wonderful dinner at the Christensens (one of my favorite families in the ward!) and the Lewis' (another favorite family and the ward mission leader) joined us as well! It was fun and the Christensens have five kids so they were telling us all about their Easter! :) It was cute!

All our investigators are still doing well! One of my favorite visits this week was with C! We wanted to talk more about prophets specifically with her. She watched General Conference and had mentioned she like it. I ask her how she felt when the prophets and apostles were speaking and she said, "I feel like just this weight was lifted from me. It's the same feeling I get when you girls come over, or that time I went to church." It was the perfect lead in to talking about the spirit and knowing if what we are teaching is true! She is so sweet! 

I know this church is lead and directed by Jesus Christ! I love teaching this truth to everyone I see! Just this morning I read Alma 30:44, "The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator." What a wonderful witness we have of God's love. We have our scriptures with us as a witness of God's love, we look out the window at all of God's beautiful creations, and each new day is literally a gift from Him. What a wonderful life we have!

Have a happy week and Happy Easter!

Love,  Sister Hedelius




No comments:

Post a Comment