Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Guess where I'll be in a week!!!


Hey everyone-

So we got our travel plans Thursday and I've been anxious to hop on a plane ever since then.. needless to say, I'm excited. :)

Thank you so much for all the letters and support! I can't even begin to tell you how much they all mean to me! :) Hopefully I'll have more time to email in AK but if I don't.. know I really appreciate them!

Not to draw unwanted attention to dad, but I do hope you're doing okay. Sounds like between dad's black eye and Bryce's there was a lot of excitement this week. :)

So several people asked about the food, and it's been good. haha. Remember how I told you that there is a lady who makes all the Jello? I saw her this week but I haven't had any jello yet! haha also I've noted the suggestions of those who've gone before me and not had any of the orange juice. haha OH and I had a delicious sandwich for lunch. I don't think it qualifies for a sammich though because I timed the lady making it and it only took her 4.2 seconds.. haha Also due to the fame that the BYU Cookies and Creme milk has in our home, may it also be noted I had that with my breakfast. And in the words of Jacob's friend, "I could hear myself getting fatter as I drank it."  haha

Well enough about the food.

My day-to-day schedule usually consists of 6 hours of class time, 50 mins of gym time, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Zone teaching for 90 minutes and studying in  between. Pretty exciting huh? haha Bryce asked if it was a lot like EFY and I would say yes times 50!!! The spirit is so strong all the time and you learn so much in the classes. As excited as I am for Alaska, I'm really going to miss the MTC.

My district is AMAZING. Mom asked a little bit about them.. there are 2 elders going to Alaska, Elder Bradshaw (who dad apparently knows of. Also fun fact, he was the two time state champion for the Big Mac Challenge.. haha), and Elder Davis (spiritual and physical giant-he is 6'9"!), the four elders going to Alabama are Elder Hall (Alyssa Hall's cousin!), Elder Christensen (he went to snow!), Elder Johnson (went to USU and has been telling me how much I need to go there haha), and Elder Scott (hilarious. His humor just cracks me up. haha) The sisters are my companion, Sister Grayson who I told you about. :) She's great! Sister Archer (also going to Alaska, she's from Bountiful!) and Sister Houston (she's going to Alabama and I'm really going to miss her. She can get me laughing forever haha.)

I'm really impressed with all the Elders at the MTC. They have been really respectful with getting the doors and taking our meal trays. Crazy fun fact, in a few weeks there will be more Sisters than Elders at the MTC!!! Who would have thought that day would ever come?! haha

That was exciting to hear about all the mission calls that have been issued! Be sure to tell everyone congratulations for me!

Dad and Jacob both mentioned in their letters about the big conferences. I LOVE those so much. I think they're my favorite part of the MTC. We had Sister Burton come last Sunday (R.S. General President) and she talked to just the sisters, and then last Tuesday Elder Layton of the 70 addressed us. We have devotionals every Tuesday night and I'm already looking forward to the one in 4 hours... :)

I look forward to talking to those who I'll be able to talk to next Monday! Keep praying for the missionaries, I appreciate the support!

Love ya,

Sister Hedelius!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment