Tuesday, February 26, 2013

It's a beautiful Sunny Monday here in Anchorage, Alaska!

Hey ya'll!!!

So I'll just get straight to the point, yesterday was AMAZING! Miracle of miracles doesn't even explain how great it was! :) Three nonmembers at church, and a part-member family with a son that wants to get baptized!!! Sister Hatfield and I were so full of joy it was leaking out our eyes. I think I said about 23 prays of thanks! I am just so grateful to be the witness of all these miracles! So yes, it was amazing. :)

ALSO- fun story! The bishop of the ward here (Bishop Esplin) is Steve Chamberlain's cousin! Also, he grew up in Nephi and his dad knows Grandpa Dalley. Gotta love those small world mormon connections!  

They keep calling me "green" here. I wonder what color I'll turn after I've been out here a few more weeks... (Joke..) ;) 

The weather here has just been gorgeous. I think I mentioned before I feel like I live in a snow globe! It's just beautiful! We were driving home the other night and it was just lightly snowing and you could see it from the street lamps.. breathtaking! It reminded me of when it was snowing at Disneyland and was so magical. So yes, I love it! It's been really warm. I don't think I've seen it even drop in the negatives and it's been slowly getting lighter and warmer outside. I noticed this morning it was light outside at 8:00! Today was super sunny too, I think it was in the upper twenties. So now you're up-to-date on the exciting weather... haha moving on... 

The ward here is great. I am blown away at there incredible efforts on helping the missionary work go forth. They love feeding the missionaries too, haha I can only think of maybe one night that we didn't have a dinner appointment. They are very generous!!  

The Bush branch is great as always too! The lessons via skype and the phone are wonderful as well! I really love those bush branch members and I'm always blown away with their faithfulness despite being so far away from other members!

That's fun that you saw that picture online at the iditorod service! I meant to tell you to look it up so you could see it (maybe I did?)! Haha I'm glad you could recognize me. :) We are also volunteering when the dogs actually run by (COOL RIGHT?!) so I'll have to take pictures. I'm still not sure how to send picture but hopefully I'll be able to figure it out...  

I was so excited to hear about the new missions!!! I've heard there are 20,000+ more missionaries that are serving than they anticipated! So exciting! I feel so blessed to have a small part in bring forth this work!

Dad also asked about my living arrangements and travel arrangements! We live in a little apartment that's part of the basement of a person's house (a Polish family to be exact) and we are spoiled.. a dishwasher, washing machine.. etc. it's great! I'll have to take a video and send it home to give ya'll the grand tour! We drive a car, not a truck, but there are plenty of other companionships (usually Elders) that drive trucks. We drive everywhere..so I'm grateful for the first 30 minutes of the day to exercise since we don't get much of it the rest of the day. haha 

So here is a great talk everyone ought to look up! Check out "His Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox! It was a BYU devotional given in 2011 and it changed my life! Also mom, if you don't mind posting it to my Fbook that would be great!

Sister Hatfield has been getting me addicted to kicking cars..haha you know when there is a build up of snow and ice under a car and you kick it off? People of Alaska always have a build up of ice under there cars so whenever we're driving we always point to a car and say "how badly do you want to kick that car??" haha trust me, it's an addiction.. haha

Always thanks for the awesome emails! It's fun to hear from my favorite people down in the lower 48! Keep up updated on the great states of Colorado, California, and Utah!

Love  ya! 

Sister Hedelius  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment