Monday, February 10, 2014

I have nose hairs......

That one time it warmed up! :)
Family,

It was -27 today. It's really cold and everything here is white. It's also darker longer again. Will take some getting use to. I'm certainly grateful for my big coat from Cabelas! It's been saving my life.

We had some meetings down in Anchorage this week that were really amazing! We got to go to the temple too which was probably the highlight of the whole week. 

A cool scripture I read this morning is in Alma 29:9, I love where it says "this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy" There is truly nothing greater than the joy that the gospel brings! I can only hope to be the best instrument in God's hand that I can be to bring these souls back to Him!

We had a neat experience when we were stopping by a family yesterday that the previous sisters hadn't met. It was pretty cold so the initial reason the family let us in was so we wouldn't freeze, and then as we got talking she mentioned how it was kind of interesting that of all days we stopped by yesterday because she had gone to church for the first time in years to a different ward yesterday. I have no doubt that God wanted us to stop by their home because they were being prepared to receive us, also she's living with a man who isn't a member and he was super friendly and invited us back! So that is the B family.. I'll let you know how things go!

Update on B, she will be baptized on the 22nd! Her stitches from her appendix surgery are still healing so they wanted her to have a couple weeks for them to heal. She's doing great though when I stopped by to say good bye. She's starting to gain some strength back.

I love you all, keep doing great things!

Love,
Sister Hedelius

Triumphant trio, last photo shot!



Scraping the inside of the windows.



No comments:

Post a Comment