Monday, July 15, 2013

AND>> back again. :)

HEY!

So my week "vacation" to Juneau was pretty good, always good to be back! A week is a long time to be away from your area, and I'm glad to be able to get back to work!!!

So church yesterday was really good! The Stake President and "Stake Pilot" were in town! Also, a senior couple missionaries ferried in because they called a new seminary teacher here in Sitka, so lots of great people in town. It was certainly a huge answer to prayers. The Stake President mentioned that he will be back soon and do everything he can to continue to strengthen the ward here. The faith of a few sister missionaries can work wonders-my testimony of fasting has really be strengthened here!

Sunset from Sitka apartment
ALSO as my picture shows, Stacey from Anchorage was in town yesterday!!! So fun to see her, she's moving down south so it was probably the last chance I had to see her. Fun to catch up with her and see how things have been the past few months.

So Saturday, Elder and Sister Waldron (the senior couple) took us out to dinner which was really nice of them, and when we were leaving we saw Adam and Jen! (a couple we met on the ferry when Sister Frazier and I first got to town!) We had been wanting to run into them, and sure enough we did! So we got their information and will be able to contact them! Also, when we were leaving to go back to the car, two men from down south that were fishing for the weekend, stopped us on the street and started asking us a ton of questions. (Do you believe Jesus Christ to be your Lord and Savior? Do you really???) It seemed to be more of an attack at first, but Elder Waldron was near by and came and started talking to them with us. It turned out to be a really positive experience!!! The men ended up being really complimentary to us about the church and one even said something like, "if the whole world could just pattern themselves after the church we would be a lot better off!" Haha yep, the church is inspired of God, I'll agree with that!! Hahah!! :)

It's week six! (Can you believe I've been in Sitka for 11 weeks now??) So I'll letcha know what's happening to me next week, but if I don't email till a little later, it's probably a sign that I'm headed out.. :( I sure love this place. I know a place of my heart will forever be in Sitka. I just love it so much and am so grateful for the blessing I have a had to serve here. I was thinking about the timing of life this week. Before my mission, I briefly considered waiting to not leave for a mission until sometime this summer, but I felt very strongly that I needed to put my papers in asap and get going. Being in Sitka, I've realized why I needed to be here at this time. I know I wouldn't have been sent here if I would have put my papers in later, and I would have missed out on meeting several families that are moving next month. I'm so grateful for the Lord's timing in my life and the blessing I've had to serve!!
Well I love you all so much, Thanks for all you do for me!
Love, 
Sister Hedelius




Sitka's swan lake! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment