Monday, July 29, 2013

Turnagain and again and again and again...

Hi family!!

So I am now TWENTY. Yep. Only two more obnoxious teenagers left I guess.. ;) I had a great birthday in case you were wondering!!! We had four lessons and did some service out in the sun- I got sunburnt which is almost unheard of in Alaska! :) I was pretty thrilled in case you were wondering :) Glad you had a good day as well! Sounds like everyone had a great time hanging out together! :)

So I absolutely love my new ward already. I still really miss Sitka, and there will always be a special place in my heart there, but there is a ton of work to do in my new area so we have been really really really busy!!! :) I think I told you this last week, but we're opening the ward to sisters (i.e. we're both brand new to this ward) so it's good to have a fresh start! I have just been blown away with how missionary minded they are and how there are so many people with great potential! We might be having a couple baptisms this transfer, but don't quote me on that. :)

It's weird being back in Anchorage, it feels like Sitka is almost a dream, a faraway land, haha but I love being in the "big city". It's been a little hard to adjust to going faster than 40 MPH, Sister Platero keeps teasing me because I'm still in island mindset but she's helping me out. ;) haha

Sister Platero is great btw! She is Navajo and from New Mexico, she's a great missionary and such a hard worker, it's going to be a great transfer together! We get a long great and have lots of fun together. :) She's great at reading maps too so that's a blessing. :)

Well I love you all tons! Thanks for the letters, you know how I just love them!

Love,

Sister Hedelius

No comments:

Post a Comment