Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. P-Day!

Hi!
Sister Hedelius here, reporting on the life of the typical sister missionary here in Alaska! It’s happy and it’s going forward!
Our trip to Soldotna did go through, luckily Sister Bullen loves to drive so I got to chill and take pictures as she drove. J I’ll probably be sending my SD card home one of these weeks so you can all appreciate the beauty found along the Kenai Peninsula! J It was a fun exchange! I got to see one of my BFFs Sister Lind! She’s hilarious, and the exchange did include a round of restoration Jenga after nightly planning and… she beat me again! Don’t worry… I’ll come back one of these times!
C and S did come to church! It seemed to be one of those Sundays when nothing was centered on the gospel in any of the talks.. ugh.. I was praying so hard the whole time that they’d want to stay.. And they did! They said they’ll come back! Something cool that C mentioned she liked was all the learning. She says she’s use to going to church and just listening but she liked the classes and the participation.. Something I had never thought of but it’s true! It reminds me of what Elder Bednar always talks about with acting on not being acted upon. I’m grateful we’re given the opportunity to act in church! We’re going over to C’s today right after emails for lunch which will be fun. J We’ll be able to talk to her more about any questions etc!
We got to call the new sister that’s coming out next transfer, Sister Lethco last night! I was thinking about back when I got my call from President Beesley and everything that I was thinking of and that when through my mind. I’m just so grateful for this time I’ve had to serve a mission. I’ve loved it. It’s the best thing in the world. I’m always so excited to see the new missionaries that come into the mission with such a determination to be their best and serve God will all their might. It’s inspiring.
The no sugar diet is still going on! I’m actually really enjoying it. I can feel a difference in my energy! I love hearing the response from member too when we tell them why we’re not eating sugar. It makes them ask more about our investigators which is my favorite thing to talk about!
We got dumped on this last week! It took us like 30 minutes to find our car that had been buried in the snow! We eventually got out though and those Anchorage snow plows are really good at their job! It seems like they know what they’re doing or something.. haha J
Sounds like spring has hit you! That’s crazy to think of as I look out the window at the still very snowy mountains… J spring sounds nice, but I’m still enjoying the cooler weather. It’s been in the 20s and 30s so pretty warm. I’ve only had to wear my coat like 60% of the days. J
 I’ve been thinking about the Book of Mormon a lot and I hope you’re all reading it! It seems like the more the work is hastening, the harder the adversary is working at destroying the gospel. I love in Preach My Gospel it quotes the June 1933 Ensigns and says, “Those who have read [the Book of Mormon] prayerfully, be they rich or poor, learned or unlearned, have grown under its power…. Without reservation I promise you that if you will prayerfully read the Book of Mormon, regardless of how many times you previously have read it, there will come into your hearts…the Spirit of the Lord. There will come a strengthened resolution to walk in obedience to his commandments, and there will come a stronger testimony of the living reality of the Son of God.” I know that conversion is something we must work at every day! Keep reading, it’s important!
I love my Savior and His gospel, and I love all of you! Thank you for the prayers and support! I always appreciate your handwritten letters especially, those mean so much to me!
Keep doing well, and have a happy week!
Love,

Sister Hedelius

No comments:

Post a Comment